Improve your Go Pro Battery life
Improve your Go Pro Battery life
Are you tired of your GoPro running out of battery? As a water photographer and surfer preserving the battery life on your GoPro is crucial to capturing the best moments. Here are our tips and tricks to help improve the battery life on your GoPro.. These tips are aimed towards the Go Pro Hero 10 Black.
- Turn off Wi-Fi, The GoPro 10 comes with Wi-Fi capabilities that enable you to connect to your smartphone or tablet. However, keeping the Wi-Fi on can consume a lot of power. If you are not using the Wi-Fi, make sure to turn it off to save on battery life. You can access the Wi-Fi settings from the GoPro's settings menu and switch it off.
- Reduce the Screen Brightness, The GoPro 10 comes with a touch screen that displays your footage in real-time. However, the screen brightness can consume a lot of power. To save on battery life, you can reduce the screen brightness to the lowest level possible. You can access the screen brightness settings from the GoPro's settings menu.
- Turn Off Voice Control, The GoPro 10 comes with voice control features that enable you to operate it hands-free. However, keeping the voice control on can drain your battery quickly. If you are not using the voice control feature, make sure to turn it off to save on battery life. You can access the voice control settings from the GoPro's settings menu.
-Use a High-Quality SD Card, The GoPro 10 requires a high-quality SD card for optimal performance. Using a low-quality SD card can affect the battery life and cause the GoPro to freeze or shut down unexpectedly. Therefore, it's essential to invest in a high-quality SD card that can handle the GoPro's high-resolution footage and rapid write speeds.
-Quick Capture Feature. The GoPro 10 comes with a quick capture feature that enables you to turn on the camera and start recording with the press of a button. This feature is ideal for capturing spontaneous moments, and it can save on battery life. When the quick capture feature is on, the GoPro will enter a low-power mode when idle, conserving battery life.
- Turn off GPS, The GoPro 10 comes with GPS capabilities that enable you to track your location and speed. However, keeping the GPS on can consume a lot of power. If you are not using the GPS, make sure to turn it off to save on battery life. You can access the GPS settings from the GoPro's settings menu.
- Turn off Protune, The GoPro 10 comes with a Protune feature that enables you to adjust the settings manually. Choose your desired settings before you go surf.
-Use Enduro batteries, Always use a fully charged battery and we recommend purchasing the Enduro Batteries to maximize your time shooting in the surf. Go pro claim that Enduro batteries can last up to two or three times longer than the original batteries. We usually get up to 3hrs filming with these batteries..
- Patience, be patient and choose which waves you film wisely. You don't need to film every wave. Always double check the camera has stopped recording after the wave has passed. So many time we have been caught out with this and the camera keeps recording between waiting for waves.
- Lower Resolution, Shooting at lower resolutions and lower frame rates can also help save battery. Filming at 1080p at 6ofps will use a lot less battery than shooting at 4k 120fps. That being said, if you're looking to capture high-quality footage or plan to edit your footage later, you may want to use a higher resolution. Ultimately, it's a balance between capturing the footage you want and conserving battery life
Conclusion - By using the right settings, turning off unnecessary features, and investing in high-quality accessories, you can significantly improve the battery life of your Go Pro hero 10. Our number one tip is to use the quick capture feature but also don’t forget to reduce the screen brightness, turn off Wi-Fi, and use a high-quality SD card. Hopefully these tips and tricks will help you get longer sessions filming in the ocean. If you have any tips on extending the Go pro Battery life, please leave your comments below.